Tax conditions

At your arrival you have to fill in a tax form with a number of informations and sign a contract. We will assist you, so don’t worry!

The tax formula is handed over to the tax office in the municipality and you will later on receive a tax card with your civil reg. numb. (CPR-number). The tax card is only valid for this particular work, but the CPR-number is yours for the rest of your life.

If you have worked in Denmark before please bring your civil registration number (CPR-number). You will find the number on the papers you have received from SKAT or on your salary specification.

All employees in Denmark pays 8 % tax as labor market contribution.

Seasonal workers can apply for tax deductions for accommodation (209 dkk/ day), for living expenses (487 dkk / day) and for transportation (0,97 dkk / km).

The deduction for accommodation assumes that you pay for the camping and at the same time have expenses at home for accommodation. These expenses are normally documented by your certificate of residence (in english).

The deduction for living expenses can only be obtained for a 12 month period for the same employer. You can start a new 12 month period by continuously working at least 40 days at another employer more than 8 km away from the first employer. SKAT can ask for documentation for these 40 days of continuous work, so take good care of your payment slips and written contracts. It may also be necessary to have the contract/ payment slips translated into english.

The tax deduction for transportation is approximately 1,05 DKK per kilometer for your travel expenses. This presupposes that you are coming to work directly from your home country on the basis of our working agreement.

It is a good idea to keep your tickets as documentation for your travel expenses.

The maximum deduction for food and accommodation you can achieve in a year is 25.000 dkk. 

SKAT can ask documentation for a period of five years. So you must keep all the papers for five years.

You can have a general information about tax and social security at the website:



Work application:  •   Facebook page

Powered by jipHost