Procedures of how to prevent the spread of Covid-19
The primary focus of the following measures implemented by Greenpeas A/S Production Company is to keep the COVID-19 virus out of our businesses.
It is imperative for the food industry to reinforce personal hygiene measures and provide training on food hygiene principles to eliminate or reduce the risk of food surfaces and food packaging materials becoming contaminated with the virus from food workers. By introducing physical distancing and stringent hygiene and sanitation measures, promote frequent and effective handwashing and sanitation at each stage of food processing measures, even if is on the field, so in the early stage of the product will protect staff from spreading COVID-19 among workers, maintain a healthy workforce, and detect and exclude infected food handlers and their immediate contacts from the workplace.
- Proper hand hygiene – wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds frequently, every time when arriving at work, leaving work, before and after using the toilet, before and after eating, and at any time there are other activities that not involve food and then you have to come back to food, after and before the breaks.
- Frequent use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Hand sanitizers can be used as an additional measure but should not replace hand washing.
- Good respiratory hygiene (cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing; they dispose of tissues and wash hands).
- Frequent cleaning/disinfection of work surfaces and touchpoints such as door handles, tractor steering wheel, starting, and closing buttons for the tractor, coffee machine buttons, printer buttons, tables, chairs, tap faucets, keyboards.
- Disinfect the tractor, scales, boxes, buckets, at the end of every working day with disinfectant, mask, and gloves.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
- Use gloves, the gloves must be changed frequently and hands must be washed between glove changes and when the gloves are removed. The gloves must be changed after carrying out non-food related activities, such as opening/closing doors by hand, and emptying bins. The workers are aware that wearing gloves can allow bacteria to build upon the surface of the hands, so handwashing is extremely important when gloves are removed to avoid subsequent contamination of food. The workers should avoid touching their mouths and eyes when wearing gloves.
Physical distance practices:
- Use face masks when in contact with others or food, one face mask will be used for a maximum of 4 hours.
- The employees must keep a distance of 2 meters between each other during working hours and leisure times.
- The visitors entering the field areas must ensure that their hands are washed.
- Outer protective equipment must be worn if entering the field
- Visitors are not allowed to handle fresh products.
- Eating and smoking are not allowed in the field.
- The visitors are not allowed to carry personal items like bags or phones in the field.
- Open wounds must be covered with bandages.
- If the visitor must cough or sneeze, the face must be directed into the corner of the elbow or shoulder in order to protect the products.
- The visitors should wear masks and gloves.
Updated 30.04.2020/ AAM